Designed David Bowie’s official online presence working hand in hand with David himself.
- Create a compelling interface that bridges David Bowie’s personal life, professional life, and fans.
- Design an interface that reflects David’s unique but ever-changing style from all eras of his career.
- Architect a contextual metaphor around the themes of space and time that subtly shifts section to section to reflect David’s ongoing evolution.
- Conduct usability testing directly with both David and his biggest fans.
- David was so in love with the website he became a regular contributor interacting personally with fans and eventually organized a member-only live performance.
- The site featured chat rooms, archives of chat transcripts, fan-submitted off-site links, membership web space and an extensive gallery of member-produced content. Many submissions featured commentary from David.
- Davidbowie.com was named Yahoo’s “Artist Site of the Year” and won multiple awards.
✔ Creative Direction
✔ Design: Graphic
✔ Design: Video
✔ Design: Web
✔ Code: CSS
✔ Code: HTML
✔ Management: Brainstorming
✔ Management: Strategy
✔ Photo: Retouching
✔ Software: After Effects
✔ Software: Illustrator
✔ Software: Photoshop
✔ Software: Premiere / Final Cut
✔ Testing: Usability